Monday, February 7, 2011

Money

This is the first poem I have wrote in years! Enjoy.

Can money really make you happy?

Because all I hear is it’s the root of all evil.

Building stacks, rolling in dough and it’s all about the Benjamin’s.

Cuz’ you aint’ got enough money!

We all say that if I only had more.

I wouldn’t have no problems.

Life would be worry free.

But it wouldn’t be. Be like that it is.

Fast money. Young money. Cash money.

Nuthin’ but a joke. Aint’ that funny.  

Get rich or what?

Die tryin…

That saying the epitome of ridiculousness.

But the way they feed it to us, so conspicuous.

I’m tired of being a puppet to the green dollar.

While the student loan debt chokes me by the collar.

Higher taxes, interest rates, mortgage payments and DTE.

I’m drowning but who is going to save me?

I’m sick of this bullcrap.

They suckin’ me dry like I’m a maple tree full of sap.

People out here dyin’ for this.

Yo’ sis. Yo’ Miss.

Yo’ mother. Yo’ brother. Yo’ significant other.

It’s hard out here for a G.

This is like modern day slavery.

I’m sick of this shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment