Saturday, January 29, 2011

My 1st Time Reading my Story Out Loud!

Sooo,

What's up? I will be heading to work in 45 minutes but I wanted to post this snipet real quick. As I told you before I was taking a creative writing class. To get my creative writing jucies flowing. The class project last week was to create a bio on a author that really moved you, take a piece from them and recreate it in your own words.

I was like ok, this would be easy. It had to be only a few paragraphs.

I did it. And I thought my piece was mediocre. I knew for sure I was going to get bad reviews. I chose Stephanie Meyer, the author of The Twilight Saga.

I got up there and read my bio. Then I read a page from her book. I started getting alot of questions before I even started to read my actual piece. I enjoy controversial issues, lol.

I took a deep breathe and I began to read my piece. After I read it, the teacher told the students to write notes on what they thought about my piece. Then to ask me questions or add comments on what I could do to make it better.

This is the piece I wrote:

My hands shook and my insides trembled with an icy sting of fear as I stood there, in my weak human form. Unable to shout out for help nor intervene for the monster that I loved.  My legs felt heavy and unmanageable. Like I was carrying the weight of two mountains. My own body held me paralyzed in that humid dungeon as I watched on. Edward. My dear Edward. Fighting for the love of his life, his eternal soul mate. Me. I felt helpless. Why hadn’t he changed me already? Into a perfect, cold vampire. I was tired of him postponing my rebirth. I was tired of him and his family always being in danger. Why? Because of me. Having to risk their well-being for the safety of a human girl who couldn’t otherwise protect herself. Why did he have to be so, so, so Edward? 
Even though he was a soulless, lifeless vampire, he was my soulless, lifeless vampire. And I yearned to be the exact same way, no matter what the cost to be with him forever. And ever. He was the epitome of perfect. Perfectly etched out of a marble carving. Never getting old. Never tasting movement. He was frozen in time and space. And I would have to be frozen as well if I wanted to be with him. It was too much at stake if I didn’t. If I had become a vampire then they would leave us alone. For good this time.
I was prepared at that moment to give myself up to him. For him to turn me into one of his kind. It played in the back of my head like a broken record. His stone cold hands reaching for my face in slow motion. His bright golden eyes would study mine. To find a hint of fear. But there would be none. Only acceptance. He would inch toward me and taste my sweet human lips once more. His facial expression in total bliss and appreciation for my total body surrender. My blood was so sweet to him. I couldn’t even imagine how much self control it took not to rip me apart at that very moment. My blood like cocaine. An addiction that would never be satisfied.

I got many great reviews! I was so shocked. They said that the enjoyed my word play, the way I brung life to the characters.

Deep sigh of relief...

See, if you stop criticizing yourself you would be surprised.

Until next time.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Salaamz! I love the twilight saga and your re-"vamp" uber cool!!! Get it Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete