Monday, March 14, 2011

Overcoming Adversity…

I am the kind of person who doesn’t take well to people having problems with me for no reason. I am very well opinionated and I speak my mind. If I see something wrong, I will probably say something. Unless I don’t care at the moment. But if I see something or someone that’s going against my beliefs and morals then I will raise my hand and say “Excuse me”.

Some people don’t like that. Especially in the workplace. And I have noticed that Black women who are in a management position are threatened by other Black woman who are strong willed. They actually try and get you fired. They ride you like a horse and they want you to bow down to them.

I’m not the one.

I go to my job to work, not be disrespected and not talked about. Yes, this is a personal story people.

The woman at my job is trying to test me. And with my personality it is so hard to bow my head and obey. Every time she tells me not to do things that other people are doing. I cringe a little on the inside.

One day I got so angry that I began to cry. It’s that serious. Everyone on the floor can tell this monster is trying to break me. And what have I done to her? Absolutely nothing. When I first saw her I seen her sizing me up, ever since that day she has had an attitude towards me. Yesterday, she threatened to tell her boss on me. I said whoa. The lady is messing with my money.

I just want to take a 2x4 and beat her in the face with it (yes, I’m violent). All my life I had to fight for what I’ve gotten. This life is not easy. I shouldn’t have to go to work and walk on eggshells. Hello, it’s not that serious! I do my job; I respect the employees and the bosses. I’m not there to be her pet.

 One of the guys I worked with came in the break room after she dogged me out once again and said, “Damn. She is a bitch.”

I said to him, “Ya’ think.”

And everyone lets her act this way because she has been there for many years. That’s fine but it’s getting over bearing.

Why am I so threatening to her? I don’t even speak to the woman. I have to give myself a pep talk every time I go and she is there.

But what she doesn’t know is that people like her got me to where I am now. People like her, young and old got me through college. People like her made me have the values and beliefs I have today. People like her made me stronger. People like her like to challenge and break others down for their own enjoyment.

Honey, I’m not the one. I’m here to pay my bills. I’m not here to be your friend let alone your servant. See because like you, I don’t plan on being there for 30 years. Because like you I don’t have to tear down other people at this lousy establishment. Because like you, I have goals.      

Today, I go to work with my head up. Today, I write the pages to my novel. Today, I come from work and I’m still me.

To all the people out there who have been beaten, abused and torn down by others keep your head up.

Don’t let them win.


The Juicy Details,


xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment