Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: How Much Do You Want it?

I have about 30 minutes left until I head for work. I went to bed at 1:30 in the morning. I was editing my book of course and trying to spend a little time with my husband watching a horrible Angelina Jolie movie. But mostly editing. I got up this morning at 9:40 A.M. and brushed my teeth.

            I told my husband that I was going to get some quarters from the bank and grab some stamps from the Post Office. I went to the Post Office and they made me angry for making me wait longer than I had to. I drove past the bank and got some quarters to wash a load of clothes.

            I threw the load of dirty clothes in and went to making dinner. I wanted to do all this and edit at least ten pages of my book. I did that and now I’m on my way to work. Do I want to do all this? No. Do I have to do all this? No. Do I know that in the back of my head that doing this will get me ready for what I want to do in the future? Yes.

            Everyday I wake up and go to sleep asking myself how much do I want it? I also see myself doing what I love to do. Bringing back some psychology 101, we learned about something called the self-fulfilling prophecy. It’s a simple concept and stupid at the same time. If it’s really that easy to think yourself in a great situation then why aren’t we all in a great situation?

            Are people really seeing themselves in bad situations? I think in some cases yes and in others no. Because personally I know a lot of negative people that are not only negative about themselves but others. And of course they are in bad situations. But it’s hard to see the rewards of people that think positively.

            A lot of successful people do say that you need a few things to be successful and great. The first thing they say is you have to believe in yourself. You have to dream of what you want to become. Every day you have to live it, you have to see it, visualize it. I do this. It actually becomes an obsession almost. I don’t know if that’s healthy. But it’s what I do.

            In the morning, I get up and write and think of stories. When I’m at work I think of stories, I may even sneak and write in the bathroom. I even had a dream about writing stories a few nights ago. It’s really crazy. But to me it’s this or nothing and I have put that into my mind. I have etched this into my mind like I’ve done only a few others things in life. I believe in this and if I believe in something so strongly I know other people will too.
           
            How much do you want it? Do you want it so bad that it hurts for you to think about doing anything else? Do you want something so bad that you are willing to drop everything else for a chance at it? This is what separates the dedicated and successful from the wannabe’s. I don’t want to just say I want to be something; I want my actions to say it as well.

            As I always say, everyone can talk but how many of us are willing to dedicate blood, sweat and tears for it? Let’s talk but let’s lead too. Let’s create some goals. Even if it is one goal. Let’s try and reach them. I know I am.

            As always,

Much love.

The Juciy Details

xoxo         
              


1 comment:

  1. Sister,

    I feel like you! You are obviously blessed to be a storyteller. Those stories are constantly on your mind because you have GOT TO GET them out.(smile) Please support and visit my blog called "it's All About Love" at latoshalove.blogspot.com. I appreciate constructive feedback. Thanks for sharing.

    Keep writing, keep creating and keep believing!

    ReplyDelete